• Sarahr
    I took Maternity leave late 2016 and during that time an extra head count was added to my team, at a similar level as me on a temporary contract. They were also given some of the tasks I was previously doing before my maternity leave. When I returned I was given new tasks along with some old ones, which I was happy with. The role then was made permanent and was filled by a male who I know is paid more than me, however they are not a qualified accountant and I am.
    I had previously bought up this point with HR after not receiving a payrise last year who dismissed the claim with many excuses. My boss agreed to review my salary later this year. I am worried I will get dismissed again. I don’t want to have bad relations with the company but I think it is totally unfair that I am paid less when I have more experience and am fully qualified. Is this something I should raise a grievance for? We do different tasks but if one of us is absent we would cover each other.
  • Catherine Greslow
    Hi Sarahr, would you say that his role is a direct comparison of yours do you think? And can I ask how you know what his salary is and if within your role there is a salary band and you are paid with where you sit within the band?
    Catherine
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet