• Jenny
    Hi,

I've been representing myself through the employment tribunal for about a year. In a few weeks I will face the substantive hearing (I've already had 3 preliminary hearings) - but this time I have instructed a barrister as my emotions got in the way at the last pre-lim.

In the meantime, the respondent's have been asking me to settle. Their sums have been of no consequence so far so it hasn't posed a very difficult choice to reject. They've twice asked me to counter-offer, this time they are asking for my minimum settlement. From the case as it is, it's strength and subject matter, I believe they would settle if I put my baseline sum forward (and not a sum to be trifled at) - but I'm worried I will regret settling. Whilst the sum is more than I would get in court, and would mean my family and I are more financially stable, I don't want to regret it further down the line. With just a few weeks to go I'm already very stressed and only see it getting worse but I feel as though a court resolution would help. I'm very torn and feel like my emotions are playing too much of a role. Has anyone got any advice? Settled and regretted it? Not settled and regretted it?

Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Work It Out!

The place for working parents and parents to be to get support and find solutions to the many challenges we encounter. Ran by Mother Pukka and Pregnant Then Screwed